The UK Shipping Summit programme will convene leaders from across the shipping sector for a thought provoking and inspiring day of keynote speeches, panels and lively debates.
Facilitator: John Morrison, Morrison Media
Guy Platten, Chief Executive, UK Chamber of Shipping
10.15 Industry Panel
Facilitated discussion including current political and business landscape.
- Paul Little, The City of Glasgow College
- Martin Dorchester, David MacBrayne Ltd
- John Adams, Teekay
11.30 Analysis of the recent SMarT review
Overview of the work, findings and recommendations
- Dave Rowlands, Frazer-Nash Consultancy
12.00 Generating profile & political influence
Interactive panel session on communication, lobbying and influence.
- Jonathan Roberts, UK Chamber of Shipping
- Dan Bridgett, P&O Ferries
- David Cannon, CalMac Ferries Ltd
- Henry Kirby, Right Angles
13.45 Scottish Maritime
Discussion on the current and future Scottish Maritime offering
- Tim Reardon, UK Chamber of Shipping
- Neil Amner, Glasgow Chamber of Commerce and Anderson Strathern
- Douglas Lang, Anglo Eastern
- Colin McMurray, Clyde Marine Training
- Harry Knox, DOF
15.15 Safety Culture
Panel session presenting the deliverables from the safety culture event, covering inter-related safety culture issues; safety leadership, operational safety and crew safety in terms of facilitating interventions, up, down and across the crew.
Chair: David Balston, UK Chamber of Shipping
- John Dunn, Maersk
- James Pomeroy, Lloyd's Register
- Adrian Mundin, UK Chamber of Shipping
16:00 Close and Conclusions
16:30 Networking Reception
Please note the current programme is a draft programme and subject to change. Contact Jenny Atkinson for more information.